Upwork is a most popular marketplace for freelancer but maybe you are thinking you didn’t hear about this, ok I am clearing you actually this platform was oDesk. In 2015 oDesk renamed to Upwork but the web function are same like previous. Today I am giving you some tips which help you to create good freelancing profile on Upwork and if you follow my suggestion I hope you can make a good profile on upwork which impress your client and that is most helpful to get a job. you can see a sample of a upwork profile which helps you to make a good profile.
But before start to make your profile you need to determine first What type of work you want to do this platform and think carefully how much perfect you are for that category.
- Try to choose a good photo for your profile. A good profile photo highlight your profession and your personality.See some sample of upwork profile picture and follow some tips to snap your best pic.
- Always choose the title which match with your job category.
- Give all the test related with your experience because your test success rate shows on your profile. But some tests are common like basic English language test, Vocabulary test, Basic Grammar test. You can search on Google where lots of questions and answers sample available you can learn from there. But my suggestion is read Upwork terms and conditions because if you read these properly you can pass Upwork readiness test.
- Write a good description in your profile. Do not write any unnecessary things in your profile description because clients see your profile description, if there is no informative description they just leave it. Try to write shortly and write something about you and your services which catch client’s eye and promote them to hire you.
- Add your portfolio like you can add your any work sample which makes your profile perfect and highlights that you can do that.
- Make a video by your own no third person. In your video you can tell your clients how you can help them.
- Give all information properly and set your availability in your profile.
- Connect your Upwork profile to Facebook, LinkedIn and your twitter accounts.
- Submit your national id card / Passport / Driving License for verified your identity.
I hope if you follow all these it will help you to make a good profile.
But alway remember –
- Do not use fake profile picture.
- Try to upload your clear and professional profile picture.
- Do not use any spam word in your profile description.
- Avoid to use something which reduce Upwork and others sites privacy.
Thanks for reading my article, if you need any more idea you can comments here or discuss in ask me answer forum.