Working online has become a lifestyle lately & like you, millions desire to do the same. The interesting fact is; countless users are making a living out of income online. If you have tried researching on how people are making money online, I’m sure you must have read about AdSense few times by now.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a free service offered by Google for publishers to monetize their web content. A publisher can be anyone with a blog, Website, Youtube channel or other allowed online property. AdSense has always been most popular ways to monetize the content & stepping stone for people who want to earn online.
Advantages of Google AdSense:
The Google AdSense program has several great advantages including:
- It’s free to join.
- Eligibility requirements are easy, which means you can monetize your website or blog even when it’s new.
- There are a variety of ad options and several you can customize to fit the look and feel of your site.
- Google pays monthly (if you meet the $100 threshold) by direct deposit.
- You can run ads on several websites from one AdSense account.
- There are options to run ads on mobile devices and RSS feeds.
- You can easily add it to your YouTube and Blogger accounts.
How you start Google AdSense?
Getting started with AdSense is easy & you need a blog or Youtube channel to get approval for AdSense account. Once you have an account, all you need to do is create ads (Easy process) & place the AdSense code on your blog using free plugins, & AdSense will automatically display ads. Now, When a reader clicks on those ads, you will earn money from it. After this, your goal is to get traffic to your blog & more traffic you get, more income you will generate.
A gentle warning for you:
If you are thinking this is so easy & you can ask your friends or family to click on the ads, kindly don’t. Google AdSense is a quality ad network that is free to join but they have maintained a high level of quality & any such activities where a publisher is asking to click on ads or using illegal methods to get more clicks,will cost you a disabled AdSense account. Once your account is disabled, it would be hard for you to get back an account.
Apply for AdSense:
After creating a professional blog, the next step is to fill out the AdSense application & wait for approval. Usually getting an approved account takes up to 7 days & in between if your application got rejected, don’t be upset & try to find out what is missing on your blog. Google need valuable publishers & it’s hard for first-timer to get things right. Next step for you is to increase your traffic as more traffic will help you generate more money. Once you have done all this (Should take a couple of months), then you can focus on creating niche based AdSense sites.
you can join the league of extraordinary people who are working part-time & generating income online. Or you can be like many, who would wait for some day for the magic to happen. Since you read until here & serious about making a passive income, I have only one thing to tell you.
Types of AdSense Ads
Google offers a variety of ad types to run on your website:
- Text ads use words, either as an Ad Unit (one offer) or a Link Unit (list of offers), and come in a variety of sizes. You can customize the color of the box, text and link.
- Image ads are graphic ads. They come in a variety of sizes. You can choose an option that mixes both text and image ads.
- Rich media ads include HTML, Flash or other interactive feature.
- AdSense for Search allows you to have a Google search box on your site. When a user enters a term and conducts a search, a search results page opens with AdSense ads. You can customize the color scheme of the search results page to harmonize with your web site.
Making Money with AdSense
Making a significant amount of money with AdSense requires a plan. Here are tips for maximizing AdSense revenue:
- Read and adhere to Google’s rules. Webmasters must comply with Google’s webmaster policies as well as the AdSense program policy.
- Don’t click on your own ads or ask others to click on them. Incentivizing clicks, buying Pay Per Click (PPC) space, or using a program designed to drive traffic to AdSense pages are against the rules.
- Have great content your target market wants to read.
- Use honest, organic traffic building website promotion techniques, especially search engine optimization and article marketing.
- Test ad types and placement to find the options that lead to the most income.
- Read email from Google, especially if it’s sending a warning about something it doesn’t like on your site. Failure to deal with Google’s complaints will lead to termination of the program.